The Q-PRESS® is a screw press with a conical screw shaft and cylindrical sieves consisting of three treatment zones: inlet and drive zone, three-part thickening and dewatering zone, and press zone with pneumatic counter-pressure cone.
Huber Screw Press Q-PRESS®
The Huber Screw Press Q-PRESS® allows cost-effective sludge dewatering. In the first part of the thickening and dewatering zone the supernatant is quickly removed by the feed pump via a large free filter surface at a low primary pressure.
In the second part of the screen the volume of material between the screw flights is reduced by the conical screw and the sludge pressed against the inner screen surface so that the sludge is dewatered, with a continuous reduction of the filter cake thickness.
In the third part of the screen the residual water is pressed out of the sludge, at a minimum filter cake thickness, by the pneumatic counterpressure cone at the press discharge.
GET A QUOTE
- Insensitive to coarse material due to the wide gap between the screw conveyor and sieve
- No permanent sieve cleaning required, low wash water consumption
- Pneumatically controlled pressure cone system
- Defined sludge residence time
- Permanent movement of filter cake, minimised filter resistances
- Minimum wear due to the low speed of the compacting screw
- Minimised noise
- Low energy consumption, specific power consumption < 8 kWh/tDR
- High dewatering degrees with fibrous sludge