HUBER Membrane Filtration VRM® is a unique, rotating membrane filtration for MBR applications with maximum throughput and reduced energy consumption.
Huber Membrane Filtration VRM®
The HUBER Membrane Filtration VRM® has high quality ultrafiltration membranes with 38 nm pore size that separate the clear water from the activated sludge. The produced permeate is hygienically safe, odourless, and free of particles. Thus it can be reused without any problems. To prevent the formation of covering layers on the membrane, a powerful cross flow with high turbulence is generated on the membrane surfaces by introducing air. The HUBER Membrane Filtration VRM® uses a unique and highly energy efficient cleaning method for this purpose: the rotating air boost.
Compared to static plate systems the air can be blown in at only half the depth and only half the scouring air flow required otherwise. As a result, the total energy consumption of large VRM® units can be reduced to below 100 Wh/m³.
GET A QUOTE
- Rotating Air Boost – energy efficient, intensive membrane cleaning
- Unique, rotating filtration unit with highly efficient, centrally introduced scouring air
- Extremely high throughput capacities of up to 300 m³/h per unit
- Well-proven backwash-type ultrafiltration membranes of robust, high quality membrane laminate
- Effluent in compliance with the presently applicable discharge standards (e.g. European Directive for Bathing Water, US Title 22)
- Ideal for municipal and industrial wastewater treatment and "green building" applications
- Minimised scouring air demand through efficient rotating air boost technology (< 200 l/m²h)
- Low specific energy consumption due to reduced air injection depth (up to < 0.1 kWh/m³ permeate)
- Insensitive to clogging, sludge sediments, and membrane damage ("self-healing" membrane)
- Minimum space requirements due to very high packing density
- Reliable retention of all solids (such as microplastics) and bacteria (such as multi-resistant germs)
- Complete MBR solutions from one source with 48 hr service