The compact and easy to operate Huber Disc Thickener S-DISC allows for sludge volume reduction of up to 90%. It also ensures reduced consumption of coagulent agent due to a flocculation reactor, and gentle sludge feed.
Huber Disc Thickener S-DISC
The heart of the S-DISC sludge thickener is an inclined, slowly rotating filter disc that separates flocculated sludge from filtrate. A baffle plate distributes the inflow from the flocculation reactor evenly across the entire filter radius. Flexibly supported plows divide and move the sludge layer on the disc and open up furrows so that water can easily drain through the filter cloth, thus enhancing the filtration effect. As the filter disc continuously rotates, a scraper pushes the thickened sludge from the disk. The filter cloth is backwashed with a spray bar.
GET A QUOTE
- Sludge volume reduction up to 90%
- Typical thickening results > 6 % DR
- Specific power consumption < 0.03 kWh/m³
- Typical separation efficiency > 97 %
- Maximum system availability due to the long-life stainless steel filter cloth
- Minimised coagulant agent consumption due to the preceding flocculation reactor and gentle sludge feeding
- No need for lubrication
- Easy to operate, minimum operator attendance
- Low noise < 68 dB(A)